Master Singers of Milwaukee (MSM) has a strong history of music mastery that has transcended social trends: founded and directed by women at a time that was groundbreaking; thriving while other performance-based organizations floundered; we remain collaborative and community focused. Founded in 1973 MSM will celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2023.
MSM IS SEEKING AN ARTISTIC DIRECTOR WHO WILL:
- Develop an annual season of a maximum of four concert series, that appeals to audiences across race, culture, and age with support from the MSM Artistic Committee.
- Determine programming for each concert with support from the MSM Artistic Committee.
- Serve as principal conductor for all programs and rehearsals.
- Choose repertoire that is within the capacity of the choir to perform at highest level.
- Recruit new singers with attention to diversity and inclusion.
- Audition new members and continuing members as needed.
- Determine qualifications and suitability of accompanying instrumentalists and other collaborative musicians.
- Enhance the musical integrity of the Master Singers of Milwaukee and contribute significantly to the fulfillment of the organization’s artistic mission: “to perform the finest choral music and set the highest performance standards while engaging and educating audiences in Southeastern Wisconsin, while inspiring joy and fellowship, affirming that music is essential to the human spirit.”
- Be a brand Ambassador of the Master Singers of Milwaukee through Community Engagement and outreach.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced director of choral organizations, who is committed to the artistry and joy of choral singing with a demonstrated record of diversity in selecting repertoire and recruiting singers.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.