Dr. Zack Durlam, Artistic Director
Performing extraordinary music for you!
After almost two years of navigating the challenges of social distancing and virtual singing, the Master Singers of Milwaukee are excited to return to the physical stage and bring back the joy of experiencing live choral music to the Milwaukee community. Though Covid-19 took its toll on the performing arts, we remained resilient and found ways to continue singing and stay connected with our supporters. As we prepare for this upcoming season we face a whole new set of challenges, making sure our in-person concerts remain safe, enjoyable, and accessible to all audience members and performers. It is the generosity and support from donors that will help to make this possible. Will you donate today to help choral music thrive in Milwaukee?
How your contribution helped last year:
- We were able to continue singing, even in the face of shut-downs, social distancing, and illness. Virtual mechanisms allowed us to continue rehearsals and performances.
- We hired a new artistic director. We were very sorry to say goodbye to our long-time and beloved artistic director of 10 years, Dr. Eduardo Garcia-Novelli, but we know he is achieving great things in his new position at the University of Kansas. With Eduardo’s departure, we were able to open a new door and invite Dr. Zachary Durlam to take over as our new Artistic Director. Dr. Durlam is the Director of Choral activities at UW-Milwaukee and brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to our family of singers.
- We have nearly doubled the number of singing members in our organization which has given us a depth and range in voices, cultures, ages, and abilities.
- We continued to expand our leadership skills with a goal of generating more diversity and a deeper understanding of how we can serve our community through social awareness.
What your contribution will help us achieve in 2021-2022:
- More in-person concerts and measures to ensure the safety of our audience members.
- An elevated quality of music. By reducing the number of concerts to 3 per year, we can allow for more robust preparation for challenging pieces.
- Better community relationships. We hope to achieve a deeper connection with our community by collaborating with other performing artists in Milwaukee.
The mission of the Master Singers of Milwaukee to perform extraordinary music has always been made possible primarily because of generous community members like you. Your support is a key factor in ensuring that the audiences in Southeastern Wisconsin will be delighted and educated about music for many years to come.
It’s easy to make your donation! To give online, visit www.mastersingersofmilwaukee.org and
click “Donate” in the top right menu. Then, click the PayPal donate button. PayPal does not require an account and allows you to use your credit or debit card to make a one-time donation. We will also be running a Giving Tuesday campaign so you will be able to donate through our Facebook page, or you can mail a check to the following address:
Master Singers of Milwaukee, Inc.
7635 W Bluemound Rd, Suite 215
Milwaukee, WI 53215-3500
Thank you for supporting the MSM and the future of choral music.
With our deepest gratitude,